The Prairie Astronomy Club was founded in Lincoln, NE in 1961 as a non-profit organization dedicated to encouraging the study of Astronomy and related subjects for the benefit of its members and the general public. No prior knowledge of astronomy is required to be a member. If you simply enjoy looking up at the night sky, we welcome you to become a part of the Prairie Astronomy Club’s amazing 51 years of Astronomy! Contact us to learn more.
Next Meeting: Stay tuned!
Tuesday, May 28th at 7:30 PM. Check back for more details.
Our meeting is open to the public.
Interested in becoming a member? Contact us or come to our next meeting and say hi!
Latest posts from our blog -
- Dr. Bharat Ratra For those of you who missed it, Dr. Ratra put on a wonderful talk about dark matter and energy today. The event was put on by the Prairie Astronomy Club who would welcome a talk from him anytime (or inertial reference frame…sorry..bad joke)..
- NASA’s Mars Curiosity rover has used its full array of instruments to analyze Martian soil for the first time PASADENA, Calif. – NASA’s Mars Curiosity rover has used its full array of instruments to analyze Martian soil for the first time, and found a complex chemistry within the Martian soil. Water and sulfur and chlorine-containing substances, among other ingredients, showed up in samples Curiosity’s arm delivered to an analytical laboratory inside the rover. Read more.
- November Newsletter The new issue is now available! Click here
- Carnival of Space Need some space and science links to kill some time at work? Then here you go! http://nextbigfuture.com/2012/11/carnival-of-space-275.html
- What We Know About Asteroid Mining | Popular Science What We Know About Asteroid Mining | Popular Science.
Prairie Astronomy Club Store
Support the Prairie Astronomy Club by visiting our store and picking up a t-shirt, coffee mug, mouse pad, etc.
We have club members interested in selling their telescopes. See here for more details.